Program Director: Kim Bourne
The Weatherization Assistance Program provides households with full scale home energy conservation services. This helps reduce heat cost and makes your home warmer and safer for the elderly, disabled and low income families.
Am I Eligible for Weatherization?
Eligibility is based on a maximum gross annual income of the 200% proverty guidelines.
Priority of services is given to those households with elderly, disable, and children under the age of six.
Homeowners and tenants with their landlord's permission are eligible. Household in which members receive Supplemental Social Security Tanf benefits are also eligible.
Family Size200% Income
Energy Auditor: Brandon Mullins
The dwelling unit must be adaptable for Weatherization services.
What are Some of the Services Weatherization Provides?
NEAT/MEHA Home Energy Audit
Heating / Furnace Retrofitting
Insulating (Attics, Walls, & Floors)
Pipe Duct Insulation
Insulating Water Heaters
Need Some Tips to Save Energy?
- Set your thermostat comfortably low in the winter and comfortably high in the summer. Install a programmable thermostat that is compatible with your heating and cooling system.
- Use compact fuorescent light bulbs.
- Air dry dishes instead of using dishwasher's drying cycle.
- Turn off your computer and monitor when not in use.
- Plug home electronics, such as TV's and DVD players, into power strips; turn the power strips off when the equipment in not is use (TVs and DVD players in standby mode still use several watts of power.)
- Lower the thermostat on your hot water heater to 120' F.
- Take short showers instead of baths.
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes.
- Look for ENERGY STAR label on home appliances and products. ENERGY STAR products meet strict efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy.
All at NO cost to those who qualify. Some restrictions apply to those who rent.
How to Apply:
Mercer, Monroe, Raleigh, & Summers Counties
Wx. Assistant: Tammy Byers
Toll Free: 866-556-0780
ALSO VIEW POWER POINT PRESENTATION.
JUST CLICK ON CAMERA!
355 Bluefield Avenue
Bluefield, WV. 24701
Toll Free: 1-866-556-0780
Quality Control Inspector
The Power Of Partnerships!
QCI- Inspector: Rick Lilly